How Do I Renew Items?
There are three ways that you can renew your items:
- Online through "My Account" (see instructions below)
- Call any Chester County Library
- In person at a Chester County library
Renewals are granted dependent upon:
a. material type
b. the presence of a request for the material by another patron (i.e. hold)
Most materials may be renewed twice providing a hold for the material has not been placed by another patron, with the exception of OverDrive titles which may only be renewed once.
You may renew items which:
- do not have holds
- have not already been renewed the maximum number of times allowed by the loan rules
Overdue materials may be renewed in person, by phone or online; however any fines incurred prior to the renewal will be added to your account.
To renew items online:
1. Select "My Account" on the Easttown Library website or the word "Login" at the top of any page of the catalog.
2. Enter your 14 digit library card barcode number, and your PIN (Personal Identification Number). For more information on creating a PIN, see How Do I Access My Account?
3. Select "Submit."
4. The items you have checked out are listed.
5. Click in the box in the RENEW column next to each item you wish to renew.
6. Select the "Renew Selected" button.
7. Check the STATUS column for the new due dates or other messages.
8. To renew all items, select the "Renew All" button, then check your list for the new due dates or other messages.
9. Select "Log out" when you are finished.